Online Website Builder
For the past few years, the internet has already proven its effectiveness in transforming the way business works and operates. Whether you engage in business that offers service or just selling a product, internet can give you the power to reach markets that has been unreachable in earlier years.
Before, start-up businesses from small to mid-size one, aren’t that capable on creating website
that includes e-commerce capabilities. This is due to the high cost for building website which usually doesn’t fit their budget.
Secure servers and merchant accounts creation are usually costly. Aside from that website building can also resort on great time consumption and encountering errors. This becomes the main reason why online website builder is much preferable. It’s not just simple to use but also cost less than the offline web builder.
What is Online Website Builder?
An online website builder is a special type of CMS or content management system. Unlike the traditional CMS which is designed to manage large website, this one is designed for smaller website projects. This means even if you don’t know any technical knowledge or possess any special programming skills, you can still use it.
Online website builder is capable of creating web presence that is fully functional. All you have to do is update the website’s texts, add new images, multi-media content or articles. And the process is just easy through using interface that is user-friendly.
Who can use online web builders?
This system can be used and is suited for any individual from those who are starting up their business, owns and manage a small to mod-size business, freelancers, photographer, with/out web store.
What the differences are between online and offline web builders?
Online Website Builder:
• Web-based and run on a provider’s server such as Jimdo or Weebly. To make this tools work, you only need to have a standard web browser like Internet explorer or Firefox.
• No need for installing anything on the computer
• No need to search and buy a software
• FTP serves access and software updating is not needed
• Website can enable anyone to work whether from home, office or out of town which is great to do team projects.
• Web hosting and web builder are offered just by the same provider
• Numerous website builder are offering packages completely free.
Offline site builders
• You need to download and install software packages such as Rapidweaver on your computer
• No need for internet connection to work on the website.
• Greater flexibility is offered by accessing FTP servers
• You will not fully rely on the service provider, which means you can work on it independently
If you create website through website builder, you have all the rights when it comes to its content such as images, video, copy, that you have created. Website builder doesn’t have any right to claim rights on the website content. You also have the right to move the content and take it to different host or site builder anytime you feel to do so. But the Website Design is a different case, if you use templates from the website builder’s library, then you are only renting the rights of using their service.