Drag and Drop Website Builders’ Guide for Users
Are you familiar with a drag-and-drop type of website? You are probably hearing a lot about it. Perhaps, you might have wanted to try it but you are hindered by the lack of knowledge about it. You should not remain out-dated with this technology, or else you will lose a very efficient form of online marketing. To begin with, start by knowing what it is.
Drag-and-drop is a virtual procedure in which users efficiently “drag” their chosen element on a web page and “drop” it to other locations. This simply involves clicking, holding and releasing of a mouse button. It begins when a user clicks (left-click) and holds the mouse that contains a particular element. When an element is being dragged, it would appear to be transparent as it follows the movement of the mouse. When the left-click button of the mouse is released, the “drop” is made. A drop location can be another application. Is that still quite confusing? Continue reading and learn some practical steps on how you will enjoy a drag and drop website builder
1. Identify the element you want to drag. You may be asked to specify the attribute of your element to drag images, numbers, texts, or other formats.
2. During your drag operation, the image of the drag feedback will appear. This appears at the side of your mouse pointer. Sometimes, this image can be customized. However, this is often a generated default image depending on what element is being clicked.
3. There are three possible drag effects. They are the following:
- Copy - This is used to copy the element being dragged from a current location to a new location/drop location.
- Move - This is utilized to transfer/move an element.
- Link - This is to create a connection or relationship between sources.
As you do the drag, you can modify the drag effects. This is, if the effects will be allowed at the drop location. In the event that the location allows a certain drag effect, the drop will occur.
4. Identify your drop area. Normally, the browser will do its immediate reaction to prevent the HTML element. This is a normal response of the software. To make a drop area for your element, simply stop the default response of your browser.
5. The moment that the drop occurs, you can now do something. For example, retrieve the information carried by your “draggable” element and any other allowed drag and drop actions.
You may ask, “What are the types of data can I drag and drop?” There are many of them. The most common types are listed below:
- XML and HTML
- Document Nodes
These are among the basic procedures if you are completely clueless about the drag and drop technology. Start practising it on some of the websites available online. Most sites today has integrated drag and drop system in their features. With it, you will experience how virtual transactions can be as easy as 1-2-3.