A Beginner’s Guide on How to Create a Website
These days, knowing how to create a website
is an effective way of sharing thoughts, promoting your business, or simply publishing your photos on the internet. Whether it is a forum, a personal blog, or just a family gallery, making a website has never been this easier before. Knowing the significant systematic guide to create your own website will help you reach your customers and viewers.
1. Getting your domain name – The first thing that you have to do before anything else is getting yourself a domain name. This will be the name, which you want to give to your website. In order to get a domain names, you will need to pay an annual fee to a registrar for the right to use the name, and to check its availability. To get a name will not get you to the process on how to create a website; it is only a name. It is like having to register into a business name in the world of brick-and-mortar business, to have that business named does not necessarily mean that you will need to shop the premises to go with it.
2. Choosing a web host, and to sign up for an account – Basically, a web host is a company with many computers that is connected to the internet. When you would place your web pages on their computer, all the people across the globe can connect to it and can view them. You will have to sign up for an account that has a web host in order for your website to have a home. If processing how to create a website is analogous to get a business name in the world of brick-and-mortar business, to get a web hosting account will be comparable to renting shop or office premises for your business. After signing up for web hosting account, you will have to point your domain to that account on your web host.
3. Design your web pages – As soon as you have settles your web host and your domain name, your next step will be designing the website itself. If you will hire a website designer, you can skip this step, as that person will be handling it for you.
4. Test your website – To test how to create a website, you will need to test your site when you design them in some major browsers. To test your website directly in all the major browsers such as Chrome, Safari, or Firefox, will be the only way to ensure that it will work the way that you want it on the devices of your visitors.
5. Collect credit card information and make money – If you are selling products or services, you will be needing some way to collect the information of their credit card.
6. Get your website noticed – When your website is ready, you can submit it to the search engines such as Bing and Google.
This guide is a distillation of some of the significant steps to get started on how to create a website.